Payment Protection Insurance

Payment Protection Insurance

Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) was an insurance policy which was intended to cover the repayments to loans and credit cards if an individual was unable to make the payment due to sickness or redundancy. Though there wasn’t necessarily anything wrong with the product itself, there were some companies which sold this to Customers in the wrong way meaning that the Customers ended up paying for something which they either didn’t want/need or couldn’t use.

If you have or have had PPI on any of your debts and you feel that you;

  • Were pressurised into taking it
  • Were told that it was compulsory
  • Have tried to claim but have been unable to, due to exclusions that you weren’t made aware of
  • Had a pre-existing medical condition at the time
  • You didn’t know that you had taken it

You may be able to make a claim to be paid the premiums back. If you are successful, the cost of your PPI will usually be used by your creditor to reduce the debt that you owe or, if it is more than the debt outstanding the creditor could pay you a lump sum which you could then use to pay off some of your other debts.

We can refer you to a company who will compete all the investigation for you, for example, gathering credit agreements to check whether you were sold PPI, looking at the insurance suitability assessments and various other paperwork, and will contact your creditors on your behalf. They will charge you a fee for this service and we will receive commission from them if your claim is successful.


  • If you are successful you will get back any funds that you may have wrongly paid
  • Any lump sum can be used to reduce your debt level meaning that your debts will be paid off quicker
  • You will not have to deal with the stress of contacting your creditors, all of the work will be done for you


  • You will be charged a fee for the service. You can make your own PPI claim, without the need for representation, free of charge

You can also pursue your claim though the Financial Ombudsman Service. There are full details of the addresses to write to and the form that you can use at